Copper Valley Telecom is a progressive communications company offering a variety of services in the Prince William Sound & Copper River Basin
regions of Alaska. We are currently seeking a Network Engineer to join our team.
The Network Engineer is responsible for:
- Engineering of Central Office equipment and systems, including switching, transmission, access, IP network equipment, as well as other necessary
equipment to support the reliable delivery of voice, data, and wireless communication services.
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry equipment, making recommendations to supervisory personnel regarding new and improved practices and
- Preparing specifications, Requisitions and Work Orders for installation, and testing of new equipment or related software and upgrades.
General Qualifications and Industry Knowledge:
- Basic electricity, analog and digital telecommunications technology. Equipment protection and grounding practices, transmission systems, and
subscriber and trunk carrier systems. Digital and IP switching technology.
- NEC, RUS and Telcordia Standards for (x)DSL, FTTP, PON and Active Ethernet).
Additional Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Four years' progressive experience in telephony technologies
- Excellent communications skills
A detailed job description is available here.
An equivalent combination of college study and experience may also be accepted. Copper Valley Telecom offers competitive salaries and outstanding
benefit packages. CVT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply send resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to CVT, Attention: Rebecca Smith, at P.O. Box 337, Valdez, AK 99686 or submit via email
to email@example.com. This position is based in Valdez, AK and is open until filled. Anticipated start date is
July 1, 2017.
Copper Valley Telecom is a progressive communications company offering a variety of services in the Prince William Sound
and Copper River Basin regions of Alaska. We are currently seeking a Combination Technician to join our team. This position
is based out of our Valdez, Alaska office and is responsible for installation and repair of telephone plant facilities.
Selected applicant will maintain, expand, replace and repair all Central Office facilities required to provide service to
customers in this district.
- Perform maintenance/troubleshooting of circuits and installation/turn-up on vendor specific internet/voice networks including associated wiring/equipment.
- Troubleshoots and maintains Central Office switching systems. Queries system for status reports and trouble isolation.
- Interact/assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
- Ensures functionality of newly installed Central Office equipment by performing acceptance tests as appropriate.
- Education/experience of 4+ years beyond high school or 8000 hours of documented practical experience in Central Office activities.
- Working knowledge of Adtran, Fujitsu, AFC, Metaswitch, Turin, Occam and alarming platforms.
- Working knowledge to interface with equipment utilizing CLI and/or GUI.
- Ability to work onsite at remote CVT facilities or proposed facilities in areas necessitating travel by foot, all terrain vehicles, pickup trucks, boats, and single engine aircraft in varying often extreme climatic conditions independently.
- Basic electricity training/certification and maintain batteries/rectifiers in the CO's.
- Read, interpret and correct wiring and circuit layout records.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office, Putty and interface with Vendor equipment.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Prior experience as a customer facing telecom operations technician.
- ADSL/VDSL/AE/T1/Ethernet/SONET/GPON troubleshoot/installation/repair experience.
- IP (L2/L3) switching and routing.
- Optical transport and FTTX experience.
- IP/PBX experience.
CVT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply send resume and cover letter to Copper Valley Telecom, Attention: Rebecca Smith, at P.O. Box 337, Valdez, AK
99686 or submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.